The purpose of this Accessibility Statement is to describe the standards of Disability Access at Bingham Grange and Local Area.
Bingham Grange Touring & Camping Park is located 2.5 miles North of the Dorset market town of Bridport in the Brit Valley.
The park is located within the West Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with historic towns, beaches, a unique coastline and many places of interest.
- The park entrance is well signposted with a wide entrance and drive-way leading to Reception where there is a large drop-off and parking area.
- All roads within the park are subject to 10mph speed restrictions.
- Reception is located on the ground floor of the amenities building, accessible by 2, 9 inch deep steps or a wheelchair ramp. There is limited space for wheelchairs in the office so wheelchair users should make themselves known in the foyer and a receptionist will come to you.
- Advice and directions for guests will be provided at Reception. Park Wardens will guide each guest to their pitch.
- Wardens are normally available to give further advice and assist with siting your unit if requested.
2.0 The Park
The caravan park is set on a hillside and divided into two “main areas”:
- The Grange Garden provides level hardstanding pitches for touring caravans, motorhomes and occasional tents. All touring pitches are equipped with electric hook-up. A full service pitch is optional featuring individual fresh water tap and grey water drain.
- Valley View field provides level hardstanding pitches for touring caravans and motorhomes with a full service option as above. Tent pitches are mostly grass with electric hook-ups though
grass pitches without electric are available as an option. Camping guests may also select a tent-friendly hardstanding.
- There are several drinking water and waste water points around the park.
- Elsan, chemical waste disposal points are located on both areas.
- A dedicated motorhome service point is located at the top of Valley View opposite the amenities building.
- Four household refuse points and additional re-cycling areas are available throughout the park. These are on either flat or ramped thresholds.
- All pitches include parking spaces (except small motorhome pitches)
- Additional parking is available near the amenity block.
- Mobility vehicles can be used throughout the caravan park. All pathways and roadways are surfaced in gravel, there are slopes at the lower section of Valley View.
- The park is lit with discreet low level lighting at night.
The Amenity block is split over 2 levels. On the ground floor there is a lobby leading to Reception, shop, showers, toilets, kitchenette, laundry and local information room. The Restaurant is on the upper level. There are no automatic doors on site.
- Showers & Toilets may be accessed by ramp or two nine inch steps. Our accessible suite is fully-equipped for disabled guests. The toilet has rails, there is a large floor level shower with seat (maximum of 17 stone load), wash hand basin and hooks. It is compliant under the Disability Discrimination Act. 4 other individual shower rooms are equipped with shower, washbasin and WC. All rooms provide a pull down seat maximum capacity of 17 stone and hooks for clothes.
- Additional, segregated Ladies and Gents ablution facilities are located at the rear of the amenity block. Each block has 2 showers and 4 handbasins. The ladies has 4 toilets and the Gents 2 toilets and urinals. Both are accessible by 1 step. Also provided at the rear of the building are 2 individual unisex shower rooms. Access is gained via a gentle slabbed slope. Each room comprises of large shower, accessed via 1 step, wash hand basin, WC, pull down seat (maximum load 17 stone) and clothes hooks.
- Laundry – Food preparation Room is accessed by either a ramp or steps and includes 2 sinks, a microwave oven and freezer for Ice Packs. The laundry section is equipped with a coin operated washing machine, separate tumble dryer and an iron and ironing board.
- There is an additional outdoor wash-up area at ground level on the side of the amenity building offering a further 2 sinks.
- Local Information room is accessed by 2 nine inch steps. Please ask a member of staff to collect leaflets for you if you are unable to gain access.
- Buzzards Bar and Restaurant is located on the entire first floor of the amenity block. An external metal staircase is the only access. Stairs are constructed of non-slip tread. Dogs are not permitted in the restaurant except for assistance dogs. The restaurant provides tables and seating for diners and a licensed bar. WC’s not provided on the upper level. A take-away and off-licence service is available. A small number of outside seats and tables are also available on the ground floor, under the staircase, to consume take-away drink and food.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in all areas. A large dedicated dog walking area is available. The majority is surfaced with bark chipping leading to areas of sloping grass and woodland, which by the very nature can create natural hazards. The ground can be muddy and slippy dependant on the weather. Less able guests are advised not to walk down the dog walk and we do not advise that mobility vehicles or any walking aids such as walking sticks are used in this area.
- Public Transport. Damory Coaches’ service 40, Bridport-Yeovil-Bridport stops at the park entrance by request.Damory Coaches Timetables. Damory and First Bus operate a number of routes from Bridport to Exeter, Lyme Regis, Weymouth and Dorchester.
- Delivery of provisions. There is an independent paper service available daily for a small delivery charge. Our Reception also supplies essentials. Supermarkets are located in Bridport, 10 minutes drive from the park.
- Mobile Phone Network. Most networks provide reception in the surrounding area. A public coin-pay telephone is located on Grange Garden.
- Fire Access Points. Please make yourself familiar with your nearest fire point and fire access point which are located around the park.
4.0 NHS Health & Emergency Contacts
Bridport Health Centre, West Allington, Bridport DT6 5BN
Tel 01308 421896 – Out of Hours 111
Bridport Minor Injuries Unit – Walk-in Centre, Hospital Lane, Bridport DT6 5DR
Open 7 days a week, 9am-8pm 1 Apr-31 Oct
Tel 01308 426245 – Out of Hours 111
- Accident & Emergency: Dorchester County Hospital, Williams Avenue, Dorchester DT1 2JY
Tel 01305 251150
Lumley & Wood, 53 East Street, Bridport DT6 3JX
Tel 01308 422198
- Wheelchair & Mobility Scooter Repairs and Hire. Bridport Mobility. Telephone 01308 424266.
- Veterinary Practices:
Haydon Veterinary Centre, Corbin Way, Bridport, Dorset DT6 3UX
Telephone & Emergency Contact 01308 456808
Bredy Veterinary Centre, Sea Road North, Bridport, Dorset DT6 4RR
Telephone & Emergency Contact 01308 456771
For out of hours emergencies on the park please telephone 01308 488234 24hrs.
Bingham Grange Touring & Camping Park
Dorset DT6 3TT